Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Yummy!!!

Tonight between me, my hubby, and Miss Daisy May, we made up a new great recipe. We loved it!! I have seen recipes like this but never printed them out, so we just started throwing stuff together that sounded good. Introducing Layered Taco Casserole. Now for the recipe …. Like I said we just started throwing things together so a recipe is kind of hard to create. Here’s my best:

Layered Taco Casserole
Ingredients:
1 lb. Hamburger, browned
1 envelope of Taco seasoning
1 envelope of Enchilada Seasoning
1 can of tomato sauce
1 can of beans – your choice, we used Chili Beans or something (I accidently bought a can when I was buying pinto beans)
1 can of corn
1 can of diced tomatoes (next time we are going to try tomatoes with green chilies)
Corn Tortillas
Sour Cream
Shredded cheddar cheese

1.       Brown meat, add taco seasoning.
2.       In a small bowl, add enchilada seasoning to tomato sauce
3.       In 9x13 pan put about 2-3 T of enchilada sauce in bottom, put a layer of tortillas on top of sauce.
4.       Layer hamburger, then beans, corn and tomatoes. Top with sour cream, and sprinkle cheese.
5.       Add another layer of tortillas, sauce, beans, corn and tomatoes. Top with another layer of tortillas.
6.       On final layer of tortillas spread sour cream to cover and sprinkle cheese.
7.       Bank at 350 degrees until done, (bubbly, hot all the way through, etc.) approx. 20ish minutes.
Eat up! It would be good with lettuce or whatever you like on a taco.


My mom was just teasing me on Sunday about how I am not afraid to make up recipes, and every once in a while I am successful! Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment