Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Scapy Scrapbooking

How many of you are scrapbooking on a budget? I like, many of you, don't have a ton of extra money to spend on crafting supplies non the less scrapbooking. I have figured out a few ways to save myself some $$, but still make fun pages and preserve memories. I would like to devote this section "Scrapy Scrapbooking" to sharing ideas and hearing from you on your ideas.

My first money saving tip is STAMPS! I love stamps. Actually you can spend a fortune on stamps if you go crazy. But play your cards right and you can accumulate a small versatile collection. I like to get a new set occasionally from Michaels when they have a great sale. But I always look for ones that can be used from multiple things. Like finding ones that have letters and numbers, upper and lower case. Most importantly I find styles that are me, its a waste of money to buy anything that is the latest and greatest if you aren't going to use it. Michaels usually has a bin of $1 card stamps. They are small but can add a ton of fun to a page. I always watch The Dollar Tree, they have the darnedest things there. Here is the page I did this morning using card stamps from Michaels and a stencil.



** Keep in mind I haven't actually journaled anything yet - so technically the page isn't finished. But you get the idea.

What are some ideas that you have had? Can't wait to hear from you.

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment