Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

4H - Winter Projects

So I am an avid 4H leader. I know 4H is supposed to be a summer project but I love it so much that we do it all year round at our house. My little girl is 4 1/2 and she calls herself a little 4H kid. (Legal 4H age is 8 - we have a ways to go:) - we're just getting a head start) We are just finishing up Cake Decorating. There are 8 nine and ten year old girls. Last 4H year we did a few projects and had a blast. So we all got back together and its only January and we have already done 2 projects. The first one was Wooden Blocks. The girls did 2 projects. I have a picture of one of them.


These little snowman were so much fun! They are a great kids project. (My 3 year old made some for his Primary Teachers). A tutorial will soon be coming. :)

The latest project is Cake Decorating. The 1st year requirements are way fun - decorate 2 cakes and 12 cupcakes using edible decorations. These girls are so creative!! I had to basic patterns for them to follow for the cakes, then they just went crazy on the cupcakes. While we were working one of the mom's said "This is true cupcake wars!" We had frosting everywhere - on the floor, smashed into shoes, smeared on faces and in hair, all over the table - get the idea? We had a blast. The girls then had to do a 'dummy' cake for their final project. I will have pictures soon. The frosting was setting up so I didn't transport them. I am getting them tomorrow. So be on the look out for pictures!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment